ShareThis

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Thou Shalt Twitter


Isaiah 38:14 (New American Standard Bible)


14"Like a swallow, like a crane, so I twitter;
I moan like a dove;
My eyes look wistfully to the heights;
O Lord, I am oppressed, be my security.

I find this so funny. I do try not to moan too often in my twitters though. I have previously stated my love of twitter, but that should be taken as a given since I'm blogging about it (again).

In all of our efforts to spiritualize our twitters a few weeks ago, none of us ever thought to look in the Bible for twitter.

We did come up with some good tweety spiritual words. I know Tony & Luc both posted these on their blogs, but I came up with most of them, so I'm getting miles out of them too. (Pat pat on my back --ouch, I think I just threw my back out, that's what I get, along with this forever long parentheses.)

Where was I?

Tweety Spirituality.

Twestify

Sanctwify

Twitness

Twecipleship

Twongues

Twitness

If only Tony & Dave had known about this verse, they could have simply posted lamenting twitters (most of them were that week, about what they were missing) and had no worries.

O-well, then we wouldn't have had nearly as much fun as we did coming up with all of those new words. You just watch. Some of these just may appear in your twitter one day.

Gurantweed.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pWEEch it sister!

Sarah Eliza @ devastateboredom said...

Hehehe following you on twitter now... ;P