ShareThis

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict ~ Teaser Tuesday

teasertuesdays31

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Therefore I shall contribute my portion.                                             (I’m reading an Austenite book so I thought it appropriate.)

“Speaking of eyes, I feel more than just Edgeworth’s on me.  I look around the table and see that the heretofore poker-faced Mr. Mansfield has paused in his methodical shoveling of food to catch my eye and raise his eyebrows in what appears to be mild surprise.”  (pg. 58)

This excerpt was taken from Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurei Viera Rigler.

confessions-of-a-jane-austen-addict

You may well know that  I enjoy perusing a Jane Austin novel in an effort of being diverted, and when I found this book most economically at a resale shop, I was quite thrilled.  I must say it has been entertaining thus far.

And may I ask what you are reading?   Do you care to participate in this game?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is on my to-read list! How is it? Confession: I have read an embarassing amount of Jane Austen inspired fiction. An EMBARASSING amount.

Luc

Anonymous said...

And it's too early to ask me to spell properly: That should be "embarrassing". And now I'm embarrassed. (BTW, the two r's just look weird, you know?)

Luc