ShareThis

Monday, December 20, 2010

It’s better than a house fire.

Been a while.  I know, I know.

Seems like all of my posts start out with an apology for not posting more.  Whoopsie.

This past Saturday, I was lounging around, catching up on GLEE when Dave comes and asks what all the noise was.  I had my earphones in so I had no clue what he was talking about.

Lo and behold, sirens.  Not just sirens. 

SIRENS!!! 

Everywhere, sirens.  Well, one neighborhood over, everywhere.

I immediately start praying for the poor family whose house is burning just at Christmas.

I mean, can you imagine?

Then Davy sees the fire truck. 

With Santa riding on top.

109

Apparently, in this small shire of Mount Carmel, TN, the fire department rides around every year throwing out candy/stuffed animals/heart attacks to the fine residents.  It really is wonderful. 

What would have been more wonderful would have been to know about it before I started an intercession session for that hypothetical  now-homeless family.

Oh well. 

It was all good fun, and well, see the title.