ShareThis

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Maybe that waterfront property in Egypt wasn't such a bad investment.

To understand the title, you will need to have been a reader from way back. Or an author of this blog. Or, you can read this post


The Caravans by Vincent van Gough

Well. This is a turn of events. You may or may not know that my family are a tribe of nomads. 
It's true. 
We move every year.
Well. Not every year. But close. 
Let's see.....(counts on fingers) this will make 4 since 2009. 4 in 4 years. 

Huh.

Ok. So I stand corrected. 
Every year. 

Looking back at that, I marvel at how incredibly ridiculous that seems.
Stupid, almost.

So. Where was I? 

Oh. New move. Gotcha.

We are going back to Charlottesville. Yay!
We are going to start a church there. 

Dave and I have known for a long time that this was our path, eventually. We just didn't expect it to rush at us like it has done. This is going to be a HUGE leap of faith for our entire family. Dave and I both have jobs, making sure that we have enough to survive in a place where rent will be double what we pay here.
We are looking for a miracle house. We need something that is around $1000, 3 bedrooms or more and in a very specific area. One of the conditions of moving was that the kids could go to school with some of their friends from when we lived there before.
So, if you pray, please pray for us to find the home for us.

Pray for me and my kiddos, too. Right now, I'm going and spending Monday-Thursday nights with my BFF, Pam. Yay for BFF time, boo for missing my kiddos. But I'm working for some Christmas money, and moving money. Deposits and moving trucks add up quickly.

So this journey has taken many twists and turns. I never would have guessed that we'd end up back in Cville. It's funny, seeing how I reacted so graciously to leaving there. I also never would have believed what I'm about to say. I'm richer for having left. I made some very dear friends along the way, and can't imagine not having them in my life. 

So, If you , like me, are moving and trying to transition during is season, I wish you Happy Journeys and Happy Holidays from this travelling family. 
Heck, I wish you that, even if you're not.

~Jen

ps. I need you to know that I'm sitting here with my earbuds in. My office is full of boxes and I can't get in there. I have to sit in the living room. While they watch The Walking Dead. I can't handle that mess. I'm listening to Trans-Siberian Orchestra Holiday station on Pandora. I just needed you to know that. ;)


No comments: