ShareThis

Friday, September 4, 2009

Dippity-Doo!

I had honestly begun to wonder if anything could bring me out of my blogging funk.

I have made notes and snapped pics with which I still hope to formulate into amazing, thought-provoking, yet humorous blog entries. Alas, still nothing was dragging me back to the creative process.

But today as I was perusing some blogs I saw a phrase that made my heart go pitter patter and my blood pressure raise a couple notches. I’m also sure my cholesterol levels elevated just the tiniest bit in anticipation. Are you ready for this? BooMama’s Diptacular





Is there anything more enjoyable than a huge buffet table full of appetizers? I don’t know why I even asked the question because that was just stupid. Of course there’s nothing better!
I consider myself to be quite the connoisseur of sour cream and/or cream cheese-laden dips. I am also pleased it only took me two tries to get that word close enough for spell check to give me the correct spelling.

So let’s get to the point, shall we? Here’s my recipe for my most favorite dip of all time. It has bacon, it has cheese, it has sour cream. I know the French have their version of the culinary Holy Trinity, but have mercy, them three right there are mine! (Actually homemade ranch dressing would be in my true trinity but I still consider this to be a very worthy food deity.) Bring it!

Without further ado, I present to you my Diptacular entry:


Warm Bacon Cheese Spread

The Stars of the Show:
1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup chopped green onions
Assorted crackers

Stage Directions:
Hollow out the loaf of bread (if you want to skip this step, this dip is also yummy baked in a small casserole dish). Mix together the softened cream cheese and sour cream, then add everything else. Shove it into the bread, wrap that puppy in foil and bake at 300 for one hour or more!

If you get impatient (not that this ever happens to me) and just can’t wait the hour, you can pop that sucker in the microwave for a couple of minutes—minus the foil of course! Or some combination of the two which is what usually does happen to me….

So hop on over to BooMama’s Diptacular and check them out…there are hundreds! I can’t wait to dig into some of this dips.






1 comment:

jennybek said...

Yummm. Sounds delish. Want to bring some over ...say, tomorrow? K. All settled.