ShareThis

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

We're a sorry bunch. Or should that be bushel?

It's been an awfully long time since we've posted.  I feel like I start out every post with that same apology.  Sorry.  And there's another.  This could go on forever, me apologizing for apologizing.  Let's just end this cycle now, shall we?
Well, there's not really much new around these parts.
Pam is gearing up to peel apples tomorrow.
That's right.  It's October.  Otherwise known as Applebutter Time.


I have so many things still with me from peeling thousands of apples.  Laughs, memories, jars of applebutter.  And an allergy.
Crazy, I know.
I'm now allergic to apples.  Apparently I'm one to pop an allergy with overexposure to ...well... anything.
I am allergic to penicillin now from a 2 month bout of ear infection.
This doesn't bode well for my chocolate addiction.  I'm a bit worried.
I think as long as I don't bathe in it for an entire week, I'll be ok.  I'm being cautious, though.  Because, let me tell you, I miss apple pie, cider, Mom's apples that she makes with breakfast.  Especially that last one.  And caramel apples.  *sigh*  I can't imagine having to give up chocolate as well.  I'd probably have to take a vow of silence too, to keep from moaning and complaining about missing chocolate.
I don't really know where I was going with this.
Oh.  I was letting you know what we're up to lately.
I'm in the big SC this week.  Getting some Mom/Sis time in.  It has been lovely.  Even if I have slept most of it away.  Trying to switch between being up nights and days is rough.  Just ask any mother of a newborn.  It's like babies are given instruction on the way out: "Remember.  This is important!  Night time is AWAKE time.  Don't forget.  Now go!  And give a good long scream when you're out.  We can't transfer your residency until we hear that scream."
Well.
That came from nowhere.
I really don't know where to go from there.
I guess that means time's up here.
I'll forgo promises to post more.  We both know.  Until I'm no longer a slave to the hospital (at what they're paying me for what I do, there's no other way to describe it,) it will be sparse at best.
But I still love our little blog.  And you.  All of you reading this.
So.  Give yourself a hug.  Only if it doesn't creep you out to give yourself a hug from an over-sharing stranger.
TaTa!~
Jen