ShareThis

Friday, November 11, 2011

Earrings 11

I have been wanting to make these earrings for YEARS.  I remember exactly when my obsession started.  It was with the following scene in Oceans’ 11.

I couldn’t pay attention to the story, I was so engrossed in those earrings.  It was love at first sight.

So I looked online.  Surely you can find something similar, I naively thought.  You can’t.  Even now, years later.  Go ahead, try.  I dare you.

So I began looking for pieces to put together.

Here’s what I started with.

I realize that my studs are a bit pidly compared to the originals, but I had to work with what I could find.  And I lengthened them, too.  Creative License and all that. 

I’m really pleased with them. 

Oh.  Please forgive my pasty paleness.  I’ve been hacking up lungs for the past week. 

You got anything you’re working on?