ShareThis

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I’m starting with books and I can’t promise I won’t come back to them. ~or: LONGEST TITLE EVER!

bloggy-trivial-pursuit
                             
I know I’ve talked books here before. I just love them so much. I owe what little sanity I still possess to the escapism I found in books at some low times.
 
Oh.  I forgot. We promised frivolity and non-seriousness.
 
Silly, frivolous books! There’s the answer!
 
Freddy and Fredericka is a huge, long, thick book. It’s hysterical, therefore worth it. Although I love a long book. I hate when a good book ends. This one parodies Charles and Diana, and they actually love each other in this book. Fantasy, I know. But the situations and characters are so ridiculous that I loved every minute of this tome.
 
The Thursday Next Series is so good. Mix wonderful wordplay with the fantasy of crawling (jumping in this case) into the book world and you have this quirky, lovable series. I literally LOL my way through these books. And you know I love a true lol.
 
Want to go on restore a farmhouse in southern France? A Year in Provence is your fix. Travel memoirs are my book-crack. I could picture the countryside, feel the Mistral blowing in the winter, smell the olives and wine, and I wanted cheese. The locals make this book, though. Travel books would be nothing without the colorful local characters. I’m thinking of re-reading this. Just for the cheese, of course.
 
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? Seriously. I want to know. Actually, I don’t want to know. I probably would rather stay home and read anyway. Don’t tell me.
 
Alright. I’m always, ALWAYS up for a good book discussion. I will butt in to someone’s conversation if they are talking books. If you know me, you know I’m not a butter. (Although I love butter. That’s another post.)
 
So.
 
Get crackin.* Tell me what funny, amusing, shallow literature you’ve experienced. I need to add them to my to-read list.
*Crackin! Crack open a book! Ha! I needed to point that one out. So sorry. It’s a compulsion. Carry on.

To learn more about our 31 days of Unnecessary Necessities, check out:

Day 1 - Jen

Day 1 - Pam

No comments: