ShareThis

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Mary had a black sheep

My mother said that I need to put up a new blog post. She had read the Halloweenie one a few times.

Hi Mom!

I guess she got spoiled by our posting for 31 DAYS STRAIGHT!

So. Here  you go, Mom. In honor of the laughs we had this afternoon.

I'm trying to remember how this all came about. Somehow we talked about going to hell in a handbasket. And my brilliant self beat my sister to getting that on Facebook.


Well, this took its natural course. Which is, of course, nursery rhymes.
We laughed about the morbidity of them.
Then we did the ultimate Nursery Rhyme MashUp.

I give you .... a product of our twisted minds.

Little boy Blue come blow your horn,
how does your garden grow?
London Bridge had a great fall.
One a penny, two a penny!
Jack fell down and broke his crown,
and a spider sat down beside him.
They all ran after the farmer's wife.
Ashes, ashes, and the cow jumped over the moon.

~Jen

UPDATE: My mother in law had a handbasket for me at Thansgiving! We laughed and laughed over that Facebook status. Then, whenever we would wander into a conversation about someone that has done our family dirty, or is just plain ole' mean, we would say that we have a handbasket to give them.

It was funnier in person, I promise.

No comments: