ShareThis

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Absolutely the Best Pancakes Ever

One of our family Valentine's traditions is pancakes. Heart shaped ones. My kids love the extra attention (since it is rare that I actually pull out the pan and cook breakfast). I found this recipe years ago in a Bisquick box and have never seen it since. I'm so happy I copied it.
I decided to share this in the recipe swap. http://grocerycartchallenge.blogspot.com/2009/02/grocery-cart-challenge-recipe-swap_13.html
They really are the best pancakes I've ever made if not had. They run very close with Cracker Barrell. Seriously.

2 c bisquick
1 1/3 c milk
1 egg
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp baking powder

Mix all ingredients. Heat skillet to 375, or med-high. Pour out batter and flip after bubbles break and holes remain on top.
I add pecans or blueberries once I have poured the batter onto the skillet.
These are even better with real maple syrup.
Happy pancake eating!!

No comments: