ShareThis

Monday, February 23, 2009

The Final Reveal

My family falls in the love category with Napoleon Dynomite.
Just a quick movie quote and then on to other things.
I absolutely LOVE the portrait Napoleon worked so hard on for Trisha. When she turned it over, I thought I'd suffocate, I was laughing so hard. "It took me like three hours to finish the shading on your upper lip. It's probably the best drawing I've ever done."
This is my bedroom now. I finished cleaning it on Friday night. Doesn't it look nice? It feels bigger.I'm pretty sure I've gotten rid of the clutter that just kept creeping back in.

I got a new book case. I wanted a side table with drawers and couldn't find one I could afford. So cheap book case and canvas bins does the trick.



This is the reason for the bins. This is my pretty book case. It's filled with my favorite books. And that's my reading chair.

I found this for $10 at Goodwill. I stop in every now and then to check out furniture that would be great with a little TLC. I have a bread machine that I just figured out. Every recipe needs about 1/4 c more water than called for. But this new/old one has a bigger pan. I have many recipes that were 2 lb and my machine was only 1 1/2 lb. I'm hoping this one will rise to my expectations.
It was filthy, which is probably why it was only $10. I'll let you know how great or not so much it turns out.

So, how many of you are working on getting certain rooms organized?
Or, what's your most recent great bargain? I do love a good bargain.

Do share...

~Jen

No comments: