ShareThis

Monday, February 23, 2009

Movie Quote Monday


Kid on Bus: What are you gonna do today, Napoleon?

Napoleon: Whatever I feel like I wanna do. Gosh!


Grandma: How was school?

Napoleon: The worst day of my life, what do you think?


Yes, this confirms it. If you had suspicions before that my family and I were complete goofballs, this should seal the deal for you. We adore Napoleon Dynamite. I mean we belly laugh, guffaw, and snort when this movie graces our tv screen. I guess the sad thing is Daryl and I have a really weird sense of humor and obviously we’ve passed it along to the kids. I guess it’s not so strange our boys (13 & 11) think this is the greatest movie ever, but even the girls go around quoting those two lines above.

From my extended research, I’ve discovered people fall into three categories on their opinion of this film.

1.) Like my family – they love it!
2.) Like my sister- they hate it!
3.) Like one of my good friends—they ‘just don’t get it' - which makes us diehard fans laugh all the harder!

I debated about whether or not to admit this very damaging piece of evidence into our Goofiest Family Ever trial, but to my critics I say ‘whatever I feel like I wanna do. Gosh!” Last year on Valentine’s Day, I received a Hallmark card with sound from my kiddos. Are you ready for this? The outside of the card (see pic) says ‘What would Valentine’s Day be Without Family?” When you open it, you hear Napoleon’s throaty, okay that’s pushing it, nasally voice say “The worst day of my life, what do you think?” Oh my, I'm laughing just thinking about it. (I also love the gorgeous damask background on the card…yes, I’m still obsessed.)

So leave a comment and tell the world which category you and/or your family falls in.
Otherwise…yes, I can’t resist…it’ll be ‘the worst day of my life, what do you think?”


No comments: