ShareThis

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Pretzel Salad

Here's my Saturday recipe. This one is one of those that every time I make it, at least 5 people ask for the recipe. You may choose to smile coyly and say "I'm sorry, it's a secret." Or you can share this url. Shameless self-promotion, I know.

Pretzel Salad
1 stick butter (real butter)
1/2 C sugar
1 C crushed pretzels.

1 can crushed pineapple
1 block pkg cream cheese
1/2 C sugar
1 12oz. tub cool whip

Heat oven to 350. While oven is heating, melt the butter in oven in a shallow baking pan. A jelly roll pan is ideal.
I use 2 gallon zip bags and a rolling pin to crush pretzels. Doubling the bags keeps crumbs from escaping. Mostly.
Once butter is melted, add in 1/2 c sugar and stir around. Add pretzels and stir.
Bake 7 minutes.
Stir pretzels every few minutes to keep from clumping.

Drain pineapple well.
Cream together cream cheese and 1/2 c sugar. I use my food processor.
In LARGE bowl, mix cool whip and cream cheese mix. Stir in pineapple.
Once the pretzels are cool, they can be folded into the creamy mixture.

If not serving right away, store pretzels in air-tight container (zip bags are my preference). Otherwise the pretzels get soggy after a while.

No comments: