ShareThis

Friday, February 20, 2009

WHAT? Jen get organized?


I'm a mess. I admit it. This
-------------------------->
is what my bedroom looked like yesterday. (Don't be alarmed, this is at the height of getting worse before it gets better.)
I've said that if I could keep my house clean it would be ready for a magazine shoot. The ones that advertise shoestring decorating. So yesterday, I decided to tackle the problem. I also determined to get to the root of the problem.

It turns out that in spite of living on 1 1/2 salaries, we have accumulated TOO MUCH CRAP.

I have been purging for the last year, little by little, and it seems that I'm getting nowhere. So I went through my closet and if I haven't worn it in the last year, it's a goner.
I even made the hubster get rid of old shirts, worn out sweaters and shoes.
I spent quite a bit of time doing this. I'm going to post a few more pics of the process and then I'll make you wait for the final reveal.
Anticipation heightens the experience.
Plus, I'm not done yet.

This box was under my bed.

This was in the box. Ain't he cute? Yes, that's the kitchen trash can.

This is the trifecta of hubba-bubba's jerseys.
Can you guess where he grew up?
Let me give you a hint.
Chicken in the car and the car won't go.
(He hates that phrase, by the way)
-
-
-
Well, I also have one pic that I'm particularly proud of. Here it be:
This is a load of clothes that are in great shape and are more appropriate for work. I am trying to find a local Dress for Success or a charity like it to donate these to.

In the past, I've been so ready to be rid of things they just go to goodwill, and that's fine. But if I can help someone get prepared for a job interview and possibly change their life, that's what I'd rather do.

Well, like I said, I'll tell you more tomorrow. I'm hoping to be completely done by then. The hiatus was a chance to get a little more organization in there. Target here I come.

~Jen~ and I'm not in my pjs. It's 3, people. I do have a little self-pride.





No comments: