My family is evenly divided between the sexes: three males, three females. This weekend the male half will be heading off to a father-son camping trip with our church. This means we have a weekend of nothing but girl time!
So here’s 13 things I’m looking forward to this weekend:
1. A weekend of NO sporting events (live or televised)!
2. The basement (the boys’ domain) is clean and will stay that way all weekend!! (Until they come back with BAGS of dirty laundry on Sunday but that’s another story.)
3. A mother-daughter picnic with my daughters, mom, mother-in-law, one of my sisters, most of my sister-in-laws, and lots of fabulous church friends.
4. One-on-one time with each of my precious girls. Maybe get a head start on a Father’s Day project?
5. Making special treats with the girls for the above-mentioned picnic.
6. Did I mention my house will stay cleaner this weekend?
7. Reading in bed until the wee hours of the morning..if I want to!
8. Knowing all my boys (even my biggest one) are enjoying a great weekend full of fun activities and some serious ‘guy time’.
9. Having the ‘big’ tv ALL to myself..no sharing the remote this weekend!
10. Watching a chick flick with my chicks! (Which just means Disney around here…the girls are 5 and 8)
11. Thankful for a husband who will do anything and everything to have a good relationship with his sons.
12. Making a menu that will please us. Shh…don’t tell but we’ll probably have at least one meal of JUST deep-fried mozzarella cheese sticks! (I’m looking for a good recipe for homemade ones.)
13. Having my tired but happy boys tell me ALL about their big weekend on Sunday afternoon. I can’t wait for the details! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
This post is reprinted from my Mess and links to Thursday Thirteen and Things I Love Thursday. Go see what everybody else is loving and lists of 13!