ShareThis

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The One with a Broken Toe, a Princess Castle, and the Dreaded Shred

• Jared has a broken toe - spent yesterday at doc & outpatient place getting x-rays then back to doc

• Jill’s 5th birthday is today – she wants a princess castle cake. She tore a recipe out of her Fairy Tale craft book that has 50 plus instructions and uses fondant and requires real jelly rolls…I went to Family Fun found one with canned icing and 5 steps.

• I had every intention of beginning Jillian’s 30-Day Shred today.


However, (excuses, excuses) it’s 2:37 and I’m trying to bake the required 5 layers for the princess cake, eat lunch, pick up the kids from the bus stop in approximate 20 minutes, take Josie to gymnastics at 3:50, and what am I doing? Blogging. The story of my life, when push comes to shove, I lay down.

Do I get rewarded for my crazy day? Yes, I do. We are having dinner out tonight to celebrate our three May birthdays (Jill, Josh, and me!). I think I’m going to tack Mother’s Day on there as well and maybe we’ll head to the Outback. Of course we do have a free kid’s meal at Red Robin so that was a good guess, Jen. I do have a hankering for some yummy strawberry lemonade.

Hopefully I’ll check back in a day or two with details of the lovely cake (please Jesus), my yummy dinner that I’m not cooking, and a report on my first day of the Shred. I’m really dreading it but come on y’all swimsuit season is thudding in my ear like a tell-tale heart….(bet you didn’t know I was Poe fan?)

How’s your Tuesday shaping up?



And lest you think I’ve totally neglected the blogging world I did post a Gratituesday post over in my messy world.

No comments: