ShareThis

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The 10 year old Lulu



There seems to be a theme running around blogland. And I'm perpetuating it.

Our kids are getting older, and we don't like it. Not one little bit.

Sunday was my middle child, Olivia's 10th birthday. We were at church in West Point, then lunch and the drive home. Liv requested Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper. We believe in fine dining on your birthday.

So the girl and I took a trip to the local Food Lion to pick up the ingredients (i.e. box & burger). She also picked out her cake and which color pre-made icing letters to put on the cake.

This pic was taken in the car on the way.

That's how we roll in this house. Crunchy icing in the shape of a letter takes the cake! Haha! Just don't get the red/yellow ones. They are awful.

So we have her Birthday meal, which was chock full of healthy goodness, see?

Cake & Hamburger Helper, fine eatin'.

This was the next day. We had a thing this year, instead of the entire family going out for a birthday, one parent and the birthday child go out to dinner, their choice. The boys both chose Sakura, the Japanese cook in front of you place. Liv also wanted to do that and at the last minute switched to the Chinese buffet. She is already exercising her female perogative to change her mind at the last minute. This is her with her plate piled high.

YES! That is sushi on her plate. She loved it.

Who knew that one of my kids would like raw fish? I think she would make a great chef. She loves just about any type of food. It took me about 20 years to develop the same tastes she already has. She likes avacado, hummus, fetta...grown up food.

And all that fruit. I was blessed with kids that love fruits & veggies. They even ate brussel sprouts. I don't think I could get away with that agian, but they did eat them.

Where was I? Oh, Baby Girl's birthday. (She's got like 38 nicknames.)

10. That's double digits. *big ole sigh*

My babies are growing up and there's nothing we can do to stop it. They are the best kids ever and I love watching them grow into people who I would love to just hang out with.

Well, Happy Birthday to my 10 year old stringbean.



2 comments:

~*Michelle*~ said...

awwwwwwwww how exciting! double digits! bittersweet huh?

What a beautiful girl you are raising.....so pretty....

.....and we call our little girl "stringbean" too!

happy birthday olivia!

Anonymous said...

Livy is one of my most favoritest people in the whole world!

your other 2 kids aint too bad either HAHA!