ShareThis

Friday, January 22, 2010

Random Ramblings

I’m obviously having a hard time holding up my part of the bargain in this co-written blog. And honestly this post shouldn’t really be put into the category of a ‘blog entry’...more of random ramblings to assuage my guilt at not posting. So buckle up people...here’s some of the nonsense that’s currently rolling around my brain:


My second semester of college kicked off this week. Excited? Yep, especially since all of my classes are online and basically this means I’m teaching myself. This is great -- no 30 min. commute to classes/gas/time away from home. This is bad--I’ve got to stop my horrible habit of procrastinating. College Comp 112, US History, Tech, and an orientation....yippee skippy!


Instead of doing any of the three loooong reading assignments I have for the above-stated classes, tonight I’m typing this post on a lovely, little sweetheart of a machine. She’s a very petite mac-a-licious baby girl! I’m still working on a name for her. My laptop (technically our children’s ministry laptop) died and Big Bertha (a 17’ Toshiba) has been replaced with a 13’ MacBook Pro.


First things first...OUCH...the CM budget just took a hard hit but hopefully this baby will last longer. This is my fourth laptop in about 5 or 6 years (one was stolen..from the church--another story for another time). Things I love about Ms. Mary Mac (one of her potential names--thanks Jen): she is so stinkin’ tiny and I love it. There are so many cool things she can do...if I can ever learn them. The learning curve (for me) has been a little steeper than I thought it would be. I almost gave up in the first 2 minutes after I couldn't figure out how to 'click' on the touchpad. I’m sure I’m gonna fall in love with her but right now we’re still just making eye contact across the room and I may be laughing pretty loud at her jokes, too. Ping Ping is also a contender for her name, she came from Shanghai and I thought I should pay homage to her native country.


I was hoping to post pics of my dining room redo but of course I didn’t back up Bertha like I should have and so I lost the before pics...I will post the new pics, I promise, one day...soon...


As far as 2010 goals, I think they deserve their own post as well but considering I’ve probably already given up on about 93.7% of them...well...you um, there may not be enough info for a whole post.


All right, well, I don’t know about you but I feel a whole lot better since I’ve gotten that off my chest.



Pam

No comments: