Edited to add: I linked this post up with Sarah at Real Life Blog's Your Life Your Blog.
Fun Fun Fun!!
I’m a big reader. You may be aware of this fact. You may not be aware that I hit publish with only a title in this post. Well, I did.
Other than that, this is turning out to be a brilliant post already. I can just feel it.
I’m listing all of the books in The Book of Books. It was named the book book before tonight, but I like the new name better. Here it is.
I love this little diary. My BFF, Pam gave it to me for my birthday last year.
I’m religious about writing a book in it once I’ve finished it. I have even started adding an “a” beside titles for audiobooks, and if I really like a book, I’ll make a note in this pretty little suede-bound journal. Look, even the pages are pretty!
I realize I’m awfully wordy. HA!!! I just made myself LOL. Wordy. In a post about books! Ahh. Sometimes I kill me.
I started keeping this log in June of 09.
This is what I read. ~My personal notes are in italics.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak ~Excellent!
- Little Heathens by Margaret A. Kalish
- The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
- How Starbucks Saved My Life by Michael Gates Gill ~I want to work there now
- Animal Vegetable Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver ~As Bridget Jones would note v.g. (very good)
- Bridget Jones’ Diary by Helen Fielding ~v. f. (funny)
- The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver ~v.g.
- The Lost Painting (a)udiobook by Jonathan Harr ~liked the history
- All Over But the Shoutin’ by Rick Bragg
- A Parchment of Leaves (a) by Silas House
- Booked to Die (a) by John Dunning ~good series
- A Supremely Bad Idea by Luke Dempsey ~ARC (Advance Reader Copy) funny birder book
- The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon ~v.g. mystery set in Spain
- The Bookman’s Wake (a) by John Dunning
- Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
- The Bookman’s Promise (a) by John Dunning
- The Sign of the Book (a) by John Dunning
- Fear the Worst by Linwood Barclay ~ARC
- The Bookman’s Last Fling (a) by John Dunning
- A Thousand Days in Venice by Marlena DeBlasi ~my crack (I adore destination memoirs)
- Stalin’s Children by Owen Matthews ~ARC good history
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling ~great story-had to see for myself
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
- Mad Church Disease (a) by Anne Jackson ~v. timely
- Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand by Helen Simonson ~g.
- Flickering Pixels (a) by Shane Hipps ~great book
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (a) by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (a) by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
- Eragon (a) by Christopher Paolini ~g.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling ~my favorite one
- Inkheart by Cornelia Funke ~g.
- Eldest (a) by Christopher Paolini ~g.
- PJs Til Noon by two crazy BFF bloggers
This last book was my Christmas gift from my BFF, Pam. I must say she is a wonder. Here’s what she did that brought me to tears. Literal, falling down my face, weeping, sobbing tears.
Isn’t she the best? I don’t have to tell you which book is my favorite, do I? Sheesh. Harry Potter doesn’t stand a chance. Could you read the title? No?
Diary of a Friendship
Oh, and this was on the wrapping paper. “To make a permanent record of our 15 minutes…. Everybody deserves to be published!”
And that’s just what she did. She published our blog. How cool is that?
This book lives on my nightstand.
I love it, and I love you BFF Pam!