ShareThis

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

An utterly self involved post, but then, aren’t they all?

I promised, waaaayyy back when, that I would post some positives of working. 

Well, here goes. 

I very rarely waste time online any more.  I miss it like crazy sometimes, my little online world, but I don’t miss the lack of productivity and feeling like a big lazy butt.

I really enjoy the days I’m not working.  A LOT.  I consider them holy and keep them that way.  Now that scripture about resting on the Sabbath makes so much more sense!

I want to be with my kids when I’m not working.  Heck.  I want to be with them when I am, but I feel less absent minded and less for-granted-taking with them now.  I really enjoy my time with them.  They are pretty darn good people that I want to just hang out with.  What can I say?

I do miss my hubs.  (NO that’s not a positive, just a fact.)  He’s been working at Youth Camp, and before that, he hadn’t moved down here yet.  I’m over the single working mom life.  I like it when he’s here.  ( I seriously hope I didn’t offend any single working moms.  I hold you in the highest regard, you’re a hero in my book and I’ll stop the griping right now!)

The extra $ would be lovely.  If there were any extra.  But since hub’s job ended shortly after mine started…well, you get the picture.  I am thankful that I have a job to help support us.

Meeting new people has been great.  There are a few that I’ll miss when I go onto nights, (tomorrow night!!!…eeek!) but I’m sure that there will be others I’ll connect with. 

I can’t really think of any others at the moment.  It’s 1:40 am.  I’m conditioning right now.  Waking up my natural body clock.  Come on, I know there’s an owl in there somewhere.  He probably went into hibernation when I was getting up at 5 am nearly every day.  I’m hoping that some coaxing, coffee and chocolate will encourage him back into his natural habitat.

So.  Expect more late night twittering/blogging from me in the future. 

No.  Not while I’m at work.  Silly.  The nights that I’m not working and I can’t sleep.

I’m really hoping to hop back on this bloggy bandwagon. 

What about you?  You have any positives you’ve noticed in your everyday life lately?