ShareThis

Thursday, September 1, 2011

We're not dead yet!

Killer of a title, right?

Well.

This is a post to let you know that we are, in fact, still kicking.  Just not posting regularly.  I am not sure you want our excuses, but they are, school, moving (A LOT), depression, and general busy business.

If you didn't know, Pam is in school to become an English Teacher.  I heart her grammatically correct self so much.  Methinks she will have to branch out from her usual Regency Romance novels if she's going to be teaching Harper Lee and John Steinbeck.  On that note, I can't wait to talk books with her.  I think she's reading The Help now.  Ooooo.  Good one.

I have moved.  Again.  Yep.  That makes 17 times in 18 years.  I'm a Gypsy!  Should I have said Traveler?  I really hope I don't offend.  I know some very lovely Gypsies (who haven't moved in 20 years, by the way.)  I guess I shouldn't perpetuate that stigma.  Back to that big #.  Granted, several were within the same town, but still.  That's packing, hauling, unpacking, arranging furniture, just ugh.  It totally counts.  HA!  Get it?  COUNTS?!!  We were counting moves.  Oh.  Nevermind.

I don't know if you noticed, but I went from posting happy-go-lucky, many times a week, to a few times a month, to ...well, never.  I tend to withdraw and close ranks when things are tough for me.  I just shut down.  It's been 2 1/2 years now since this first started, and I've gotten some better.  I've definitely gotten used to things.  I do try.  I hate to be a whiner.  That's the main reason I haven't gone into this topic in any depth here.  It just feels whiny and attention seeking.  For me.  I am in no way whatsoever saying that anyone else writing about depression is whiny or attention seeking.  It's just how I feel when I bring it up.  So I don't.  And it's hard to find good blog topics when you're skirting areas of your life.

I do love our little blog, and don't want to see it die.  I just wanted to let you know what's going on that's been keeping our fabulous selves from posting, ...ahem, you know, ever.

Well.  It's late. (There's a Jim Gaffigan line there that I can't finish.)

Do keep in touch.

~Jen