ShareThis

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Taxi's taking a break




I have been running around just about all day.
I'm sitting right now at my son's football practice, just enjoying the quiet. My husband is one who will get out, talk to the other parents, watch practice from the stands.
Not me.
I have my book, or books, and stay in the car. It's like an insulated bubble.
Quiet.
Still.
Did I mention quiet?
Sometimes I'll listen to an audiobook or a podcast. I've even watched PBS from the mobile app.
It's just a nice bit of uninterrupted solitude.
I much prefer it to the nights that I have to drop him off and go back home for whatever reason.
Hmmm. Let me see. Right now, I'm listening to The Fellowship of the Ring. I'm about 1/3 of the way in and it's so good. Lots of things not in the movie. But isn't that always the way?
I'm also reading (again) Jesus for President by Shane Claiborne. Good, timely stuff.
I've also started John Dies in the End. Not so sure what to think about that one.
Oh, I'm also working through a blogging book, and a 30 day devotional.
Lots to cover in a single practice.
You working on any good books? Crafts? Activities?



Jen



Update: I quit John Dies. It was not the crime thriller mystery I expected. Too much weird paranormal for me. Just knew you wanted to know that. I started A Prayer for Owen Meany instead.





Want to see more of the 31 day experiment? Click the photo below.