ShareThis

Friday, May 22, 2009

Procrastination Friday Extravaganza with a little whine

Y'all know I'm moving, against my will right? And that I have known about this fact for, oh, a good 2 months.
Yeah.
A rational human being would have their home all packed and ready to go, with the exception of what they need to survive the next 2 weeks.
I never claimed to be rational.
My hubs has warned me of the impending crazy rush that will be my life. "You need to just do it, or you'll end up with 2 weeks to pack the house."
I swear the man's a prophet.
Here I am, 2 weeks from the kids' last day of school, and I have packed 10 boxes. (10 out of 200 ain't so bad, right?)
I have come up with all kinds of excuses why I can't get it done.

-I'm depressed about the move and just plain don't want to do it.
-There were a few hot days (without AC) that I couldn't do anything other than sit on the couch under the fan and pretend to be a mannequin.
-I didn't have the proper packing equipment (newspaper, tape, markers, etc.)
-Laundry takes up all of my time.
-I don't want to move, therefore I don't want to pack. Or as Plato said "I dread, therefore I resist."
Did I already mention that one? Oh. Sorry.
It's a big one.

I have hit the place where I'm running out of excuses and time. I have to quit mullygrubbing and just get the thing done. I really thought that the idea of moving would grow on me the closer I got to the big event, but it seems just the opposite is the case. But that doesn't change anything. There are times when you gotta do things you don't want to. Go with the flow, roll with the punches, yada yada yada. ...Bleh.
Soooo.
On that uplifting note, I think I'm gonna put on an audiobook, escape to another world and pack this one up while I forget about it at the same time.
"Denial is a wonderful coping mechanism." as my SIL likes to say.
I agree. Until it gets to the point where you're just not able to deny anymore.
Looks like our waterfront property is starting to perk and will be on the market soon.

Whine whine whine. I need some cheese to go along with all of this.



*PS* Please, please leave funny/witty/cheesy comments & cheer me up. Any quotes from The Princess Bride should do the trick.

I'll start.
Boooo. Boooooo.

3 comments:

The P in PJs til Noon said...

I had to stop myself, I could have put in fave quotes from this movie all day long....

Miracle Max: You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Buttercup: Westley, what about the R.O.U.S.'s?
Westley: Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.

just one more:
Westley: Give us the gate key.
Yellin: I have no gate key.
Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, tear his arms off.
Yellin: Oh, you mean *this* gate key.

jennybek said...

"Princess Buh-uh-kwaahhh"

Unknown said...

"As You Wish!